[Neo] IMDB search stuff

Emil Eifrem emil at neotechnology.com
Wed Sep 24 01:42:25 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 7:15 PM, Anders Nawroth
<anders at neotechnology.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I moved out the "search engine" in the IMDB app to its own class
> (ImdbSearchEngineImpl). The ImdbServiceImpl class now only uses simple
> indexing and calls ImdbSearchEngineImpl for the more complex things.

Great!

> Design question: should the search engine be more like the index service,
> returning raw nodes, or should it wrap them as Actor/Movie objects (would be
> more consistent in itself this way I think). Which alternative would create
> the least confusion for the newcomer?

Well, I think the name alone reveals the layer in which it lives. I'd
say go with Actor/Movie!

> It's just a detail, but for an example app details matter a lot!

They certainly do!

Keep up the good work.

Emil Eifrém, CEO [emil at neotechnology.com]
Neo Technology, www.neotechnology.com
Cell: +46 733 462 271 | US: 206 403 8808