[Neo] Doc-usability...

Mattias Ask mattias.ask at jayway.se
Wed Sep 10 11:04:47 CEST 2008

Hi,

Emil showed me some of the new documentation yesterday and I think it
is great. I am missing one thing though, which is very useful but
hardly ever used anywhere on the web.

Look at this article for example:
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20010610.html

At the very top of the page there is a summary that describes not only
what the article is about, but the actual conclusion. Nielsen does
this since he knows that most online readers scan text to see if they
have found what they are looking for. A highlighted conclusion at the
top of the page increases scanability a lot.

Here is a good, short article about How Users Read on the Web:
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/9710a.html

Best regards, Mattias Ask
Jayway AB, +46 701 469284
www.jayway.com

Jayway is the founder of Öredev and Qi4J
www.oredev.org
www.qi4j.org