[Neo] Neoclipse build

Anders Nawroth anders at neotechnology.com
Wed Nov 5 20:46:19 CET 2008

hello!

I have looked into building Neoclipse using Maven, but at the moment I'm
not convinced there are more advantages then disadvantages in this case.
Building Eclipse plugins and products has quite many quirks. With
increasing use of product configuration options, the number of build
quirks increases as well.

There seems to be no really automated build system for Eclipse
plugins/products, even when using maven you have to install and update
the dependencies manually (the Eclipse artifacts are not deployed to a
maven repository).

I hope most of these Eclipse-related problems will be resolved in a year
from now or so, but at the moment manual builds actually looks like a
good alternative to me.

At the moment I have working exports of Neoclipse as an Eclipse plugin,
and as Linux and Windows products. There were problems with OS X, but I
think it's resolved now (I compiled against the wrong Java version).

WDYT?

/anders

--
Anders Nawroth [anders at neotechnology.com]