[Neo] maven question

Anders Nawroth anders at neotechnology.com
Wed Nov 5 20:06:51 CET 2008

Hi!

Thanks for the input on Maven, Tim! Still I couldn't find out what
differs, but that's a minor problem :-)

Next question: What's the best option when deploying neo4j code examples
using Maven? It's really not of any interest to deploy the artifact
itself, it's the sources (if possible with some exclusion of resources)
that we want.

When the project itself relies on Maven to run, I think the easiest way
is actually that people use mvn scm:checkout on some tagged location.
Any disadvantages to this approach?

I looked at the assembly plugin, but it seems to require an extra
command (not just mvn deploy). Or am I wrong here?

Is source:jar a better option? I'm not really sure regarding how to do
to get it included in the deploy automatically.

/anders

Anders Nawroth [anders at neotechnology.com]
GTalk, Skype: anders.nawroth
Phone: +46 737 894 163