[Neo] neo4j and JCR

Tobias Ivarsson tobias.ivarsson at neotechnology.com
Fri Aug 15 10:31:24 CEST 2008

I have looked at it and concluded that:
 * It would be a good match (Neo as JCR backend)
 * There were no good mid-layer implementations that could be used to
simplify the implementation.
 * Creating the mappings to do it would be too large a project for me to
finish in the one week I had then.

I'll create a ticket for this.

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Anders Nawroth
<anders.nawroth at gmail.com>wrote:

> hello!
>
> Have anybody looked into using neo4j as a JCR backend? Among many other
> uses, the Grails framework will be using a JCR-compliant backend in the
> next version (1.1). There is also a Spring JCR module and some tool
> support.
>
> The data structure of JCR seems to fit neo4j very well:
>
> > The data in a JCR consists of a tree of Nodes with associated
> > Properties. Data is stored in the Properties, which may hold simple
> > values such as numbers and strings or binary data of arbitrary length.
> > Nodes may optionally have one or more types associated with them which
> > dictate the kinds of properties, number and type of child nodes, and
> > certain behavioral characteristics of the nodes. Nodes may point to
> > other nodes via a special reference type property. In this way nodes in
> > a JCR offer both referential integrity and object oriented concept of
> > inheritance. Additional node types include the referenceable node type
> > which allows the user to reference said node through use of a
> > universally unique identifier. Another popular type is the versionable
> > type. This makes the repository track a document's history and store
> > copies of each version of the document.
>
> Cited from:
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_repository_API_for_Java>
>
> /anders