[Neo] First external committer?

Emil Eifrem emil at neotechnology.com
Thu Nov 29 02:39:10 CET 2007

On 11/21/07, Emil Eifrem <emil at neotechnology.com> wrote:
> On 11/21/07, Viktor Klang <viktor.klang at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I fully understand that you're not wholly decided on procedures yet.
> > Take your time, I won't go away ;)
>
> Excellent, will ping you as soon as we have it in place.

Hi again,

*That* took a bit more time than I thought... Our sysadmin is out of
the country so some things turned out to be more difficult than I
first anticipated. :P

Anyway, everything about external commits is not yet in place but I
think we have the fundamentals figured out. See:

   http://wiki.neo4j.org/content/Code_Contributor's_Guide

I can create a "component" for your stuff so that it can evolve
independently, as previously discussed. It'll have a location in
svn.neo4j.org, an artifact at m2.neo4j.org, site at
components.neo4j.org, etc. I will be offline for a conference thu-sun
but if you give me a name I can create it for your tomorrow before
lunch.

Most of that infrastructure is in place, including a Trac admin plugin
for managing "components" that Tobias Ivarsson is hacking on right
now. But we still need to finish up some backend scripts for
automatically deploying to the maven repo and to components.neo4j.org.

Emil Eifrém, CEO [emil at neotechnology.com]
Neo Technology, www.neotechnology.com
Cell: +46 733 462 271 | US: 206 403 8808