[Neo] Just saying Hi

Viktor Klang viktor.klang at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 11:08:07 CET 2007

On 11/19/07, Emil Eifrem <emil at neotechnology.com> wrote:

> On 11/18/07, Viktor Klang <viktor.klang at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm the one who should be thanking you man!
> > As I said, you're practically part of the reason I started programming
> some
> > 8 years ago :)
>
> Ah, I'm glad I have *some* impact. ;)

this of course also means that it's your fault that I have absolutely 0
spare time. ;)

> > I've got lots of ideas about neo4j!
>
> Great! Let us know how you progress.
>
> > (Now I just need to find time to be able to find room for Scala, /lift/,
> > SEJUG AND Neo!)
> >
> > So I guess now I'm just waiting for the licence to clear so I can start
> > hacking away :)
>
> Ah, yes. Real Soon Now(tm). Well, at least that's what they tell me.
>
> Just a note: the binary is already available from neo4j.org/download.
> (And we'll upload the latest release tomorrow.) It's under a
> proprietary license, but fine for evaluations, etc. For all practical
> purposes, there's no difference, though one may of course have
> ideological reasons to stay away from it before it's truly free
> software.

Great! I'll download it and see what I can do with it. Personally I'm more
of an enhancer than an extender,
but I've got some nifty ideas to extend Neo with so I'll try that until I
can play around with the source. ;)

Best regards
-Viktor