[Neo] Just saying Hi

Emil Eifrem emil at neotechnology.com
Mon Nov 19 03:41:54 CET 2007

On 11/18/07, Viktor Klang <viktor.klang at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm the one who should be thanking you man!
> As I said, you're practically part of the reason I started programming some
> 8 years ago :)

Ah, I'm glad I have *some* impact. ;)

> I've got lots of ideas about neo4j!

Great! Let us know how you progress.

> (Now I just need to find time to be able to find room for Scala, /lift/,
> SEJUG AND Neo!)
>
> So I guess now I'm just waiting for the licence to clear so I can start
> hacking away :)

Ah, yes. Real Soon Now(tm). Well, at least that's what they tell me.

Just a note: the binary is already available from neo4j.org/download.
(And we'll upload the latest release tomorrow.) It's under a
proprietary license, but fine for evaluations, etc. For all practical
purposes, there's no difference, though one may of course have
ideological reasons to stay away from it before it's truly free
software.

> You got back home in one piece, Emil?

All safe and sound.

Emil Eifrém, CEO [emil at neotechnology.com]
Neo Technology, www.neotechnology.com
Cell: +46 733 462 271 | US: 206 403 8808