[Neo] relationship.getOtherNode(localnode) returning null?

Emil Eifrem emil at neopersistence.com
Thu Jun 21 09:24:27 CEST 2007

On 6/20/07, Peter Neubauer <peter.neubauer at jayway.se> wrote:
> Hi there,
> not sure this is trivial but relationship.getOtherNode(localnode) is
> giving me null in some cases. Can this occur and what is the reason
> for it?

This should not happen. The API specs at

   http://api.neo4j.org/1.0-b5/org/neo4j/api/core/Relationship.html#getOtherNode(org.neo4j.api.core.Node)

is very clear that the only thing that can be returned is the start or
end node of the relationship, or a runtime exception if the client
passes in a node that's not connected to either end of the
relationship. It should never return null.

So it's a bug. Not sure when the current implementation can
(erroneously) return null. Johan may be able to shed some light on
that?

Emil Eifrém, CEO [emil at neopersistence.com]
Neo Persistence AB, www.neopersistence.com
Cell: +46 733 462 271 | US Cell: 206 403 8808