[Neo] TranactionUtil into API?

Emil Eifrem emil at neopersistence.com
Thu Jun 21 02:33:17 CEST 2007

On 6/20/07, Peter Neubauer <peter.neubauer at jayway.se> wrote:
> Hi folks,
> currently, TransactionUtils is in ....impl.transaction, implying that
> it shouldn't be exported by e.g. a bundle for use with other clients.
> However, in order to efficiently use the API it is very nice to use
> this class, so I would suggest to move it into core.api or rename the
> util.transaction package to something being part of the API.

Well, you have org.neo4j.api.core.Transaction, which is a lot better
than the old TransactionUtil. See the javadocs at:

   http://api.neo4j.org/1.0-b5/org/neo4j/api/core/Transaction.html

>From the javadocs:

--- >8 ---
Here's the idiomatic use of transactions in Neo:

 Transaction tx = Transaction.begin();
 try
 {
        ... // any operation that works with the node space
        tx.success();
 }
 finally
 {
        tx.finish();
 }

Lemme know if there's something about TransactionUtil that you prefer!

Emil Eifrém, CEO [emil at neopersistence.com]
Neo Persistence AB, www.neopersistence.com
Cell: +46 733 462 271 | US Cell: 206 403 8808