[Neo] Import/Export functionality for NEO networks?

Johan Svensson johan at neopersistence.com
Fri Jun 1 10:17:19 CEST 2007

On 6/1/07, Peter Neubauer <peter.neubauer at jayway.se> wrote:

> Hi there,
> still fighting to get the NEO shell running,

What problems do you have with getting the Neo shell running?

but when I do, I would
> like to be able to back up my existing networks or part of it into
> some importable form. I am thinking N3 like notation.
>
> I am thinking of a way to e.g. export the contents of a traversal (say
> all Person nodes with properties), create a new database for a new
> system installation, and merge import the backed up data. That would
> even give me some cheap retainment of old properties and addition of
> new ones.

This is a good idea but maybe use rdf/xml instead of N3. We've previously
done this doing a quick implementation of an XML exporter and importer for
the specific data. Creating a more generic implementation using the Neo API
shouldn't be to hard.

--
Johan