[Neo] Summary of topics for the design guide

Emil Eifrem emil at neopersistence.com
Wed Aug 1 00:19:35 CEST 2007

On 8/1/07, Björn Granvik <bjorn.granvik at jayway.se> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It sounds a bit like a poor-man's-meta model. Or am I barking up the
> wrong node tree here? :-)

Ah, yes, good call. The subreference nodes could sometimes be grouping
nodes by type. My example certainly implied so. And in those
situations it's a poor man's meta model. But that is definitely not
always the case: you can group nodes by a lot of other things. So the
subreference design pattern has value even when we have a meta model.
And conversely, the meta model will provide a lot of value other than
handing out references to all nodes of a certain type.

But more about a meta model for Neo later...

Emil Eifrém, CEO [emil at neopersistence.com]
Neo Persistence AB, www.neopersistence.com
Cell: +46 733 462 271 | US Cell: 206 403 8808