[Neo] Summary of topics for the design guide

Emil Eifrem emil at neopersistence.com
Wed Aug 1 00:07:18 CEST 2007

On 7/31/07, Klas Ehnrot <klas.ehnrot at gmail.com> wrote:
>  * Network design in Subreferences. Emil, Johan: I don't remember what
> this was about, can you enlighten me? :)

A common design pattern is to have a number of "second-level"
reference nodes. So from the reference node (node 0, reachable from
EmbeddedNeo.getReferenceNode()), you'd have multiple relationships
going out to "base nodes" for different parts of your node space. For
example, you could have:

   ( 0 ) --- REFERENCE_TO_SUBREFERENCE_USER --> ( 1 )
           --- REFERENCE_TO_SUBREFERENCE_FILES --> ( 2 )

And then from ( 1 ) you'd have relationships to a bunch of user nodes,
and from ( 2 ) you'd have relationships to maybe a filesystem
implementation. Going with this scenario and our terminology, node 1
and 2 would be called "subreference nodes."

Does that make more sense?

Emil Eifrém, CEO [emil at neopersistence.com]
Neo Persistence AB, www.neopersistence.com
Cell: +46 733 462 271 | US Cell: 206 403 8808