[Neo] Issues with overloaded methods

Tobias Ivarsson thobes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 16:17:46 CEST 2007

Hi!

I am working on a Python frontend for Neo4J, which I call Neo4J.py, that can
be used with either Jython [1] or a Python (CPython [3]) extension called
JPype [2].
However I am experiencing some strange problems when using JPype. When I try
to iterate over the result of a traverser I get an error message saying that
JPype could not determine which, of more than one overloaded, next() methods
it should choose. I have never had this problem with any other Iterator /
Iterable and JPype before, so I am trying to figure out what could be
causing this behavior.
My current theory is that some where in the type hierarchy of the actual
implementation of the Traverser there are two (or more) classes that
implement the Iterable interface, which would mean that there are several
next() methods.
Could anyone with access to the source please tell me whether this is the
case or not. Or send me some sort of preview version of the source so that I
could investigate the matter on my own.

I will submit a link to the source code of my project on this list as soon
as a have added some license notes to my files and perhaps written some
documentation.

best regards
Tobias Ivarsson

[1] http://www.jython.org/